1 Day Course
Qualsafe Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in Health and Social Care (RQF)
Health and safety in health and social care
- This course retails at £60 per candidate.
- There are no additional hidden charges.
- Discounts are available for repeat customers, charities and large group bookings.
- Talk to us about booking your course today! email@example.com
- Learners must be at least 19 years old on the first day of the training.
- There are no other formal entry requirements.
Book today: Courses@phcaw.org.uk
WHO IS THIS TRAINING AIMED TOWARDS?
The QA Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in Health and Social Care (RQF) is ideal for those who work directly with patients or clients in a health and social care setting, such as hospitals, care homes and daycare centers. This regulated and nationally recognised qualification is specifically designed to develop candidates’ awareness of health and safety in a health and social care environment, to help ensure that they are keeping themselves, and the people they care for safe.
WHAT IS COVERED?
Employers’ and employees health and safety duties
• Penalties for non-compliance
• Training and competence requirements
• Welfare arrangements
• Communicating health and safety information
• Procedures for responding to incidents
• First aid arrangements
• Principles of risk control hierarchy
• Five-step process of risk assessment
How to identify and control hygiene hazards
• Common hazards in health and social care
• Infection and cross-infection
• Controls for common microbiological hazards
• Hand washing
• Protective clothing and equipment
• Risks of exposure to infectious diseases at work and
Clean working environment
• Suitable premises and equipment
• Cleaning, disinfection, sterilisation and
• Storage of cleaning chemicals and cloths
• Cleaning schedules
• Procedures for dealing with waste, sharps and spillages
HOW DO I BOOK?
Book this course today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org